I’m way behind on updates and the only way I’m ever going to catch up is to do one good overload post so grab your coffee and get comfy!
So there was the ditch digging. One weekend Carson and his dad dug the ditch, the next they laid in the pipes and conduit and what not, and the next they covered it all back up. It was inspected before that final weekend.
This is Carson fitting a board on top of the ditch digger because someone pointed out that he might get sun burned.
Here it is all filled in towards the power line.
And towards the house.
By the time we finish this house I am never going to want to see gray stain again! Here is a shot of roughly 30 boards that Nancy and I stained one morning.
The ceiling boards are almost complete!
A good friend came up one day a week or so ago and he and Carson worked on this.
This whole wall is actually going to get stained in place, because we didn’t have enough pre stained boards ready that day.
This is where one of those boards along the stairs intruded into the boys room. Oops. As soon as Carson saw it he said, “That’s why that board was so hard to get in!”
This part hasn’t been finished yet because Carson has to work out the under stair storage and exactly how we will access it. I think we may have actually decided now, but at the moment I can’t remember.
The bedroom ceilings are all having to be sprayed because all these little crevices are too hard to get in. Here is the primer.
And here is the paint.
Ok, so there are always set backs. This one drove me crazy. The first 5 gallons of paint we got ended up being the wrong sheen. It was labeled correctly, but Carson kept saying it was awfully shiny for flat. When we ran out and got the next bucket the difference was glaring. In this photo the walls are still the glossy and the ceiling has been recoated except for right around the base of the light. It’s frustrating to have painted 5 gallons worth only to discover you have to recoat it all! At this point the only thing remaining from the original paint is the kids’ bath.
This past week Carson was working on the floors. Here he is vacuuming out dust.
Here is the floor wet, having been mopped.
And here is what they look like with the sealer! Carson says once they are waxed the variations will be a little less prominent, but they don’t bother me anyway. All the rooms except for the big living/kitchen room have sealed floors.
And finally, Carson found this beautiful Ikea light at Habitat Restore for $3! It’s been painted and is hanging where the dining table will go, but I don’t have a pic to post of that yet.